Auspices of the Greece-China Association to the 5th Hydra Shipping Conference, Hydra, September 14th 2013.
It is our great pleasure to announce the 5th Hydra Shipping Conference, which will take place in Hydra on Saturday, September 14th 2013. The Conference focuses on key issues of Maritime Greece in the context of the privatization era and China-Greece cooperation.
Conference Coordinators are Mr. George Xiradakis, Managing Director, XRTC Business Consultants and Mr. Nigel Lowry, Greek correspondent, Lloyd’s List.
Welcoming speech: Miltiades Varvitsiotis, Minister of Shipping, Maritime Affairs and the Aegean
Keynote speaker: Panayiotis Mihalos, Secretary General for International Economic Relations and Development Cooperation at Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Michael Bodouroglou, President & CEO, Paragon Shipping,
- Dr. John Coustas, President & CEO, Danaos Corp.,
- John Dragnis, CEO, Goldenport Holdings,
- Dr. Athanasios Frontistis, Vice President, Hellenic – Chinese Chamber,
- Sun Liwei, Commercial Attaché of the Chinese Embassy in Greece,
- Nathanael Mauclair, Deputy Director- International Listings, NYSE Euronext, Inc.,
- Yannis Panou, Operations Manager, United Guards Services,
- Andreas Potamianos, President, Greece – China association,
- Martin Stopford, President, Clarkson Research Services Ltd.,
- Harry Vafias, CEO at Stealthgas and
- Emmanouil Vordonis, ex General Manager of Thenamaris.
This Conference is a meeting point of leading Greek ship owners, distinguished experts from the international shipping world, academics as well as the historical Hydriot shipping families.
Extensive networking opportunities will be offered both during the main conference program, as well as in the friendly and relaxed atmosphere of side events such as lunches, dinners, cocktail parties on private yachts and a special treasure hunt in the streets of Hydra town and the island’s footpaths.
To this end, we are cordially inviting the Greece-China Association to give to our Conference its Auspices as well as to have the honor of your presence in the conference.
Looking forward to your positive response and to your participation, we remain at your disposal for any additional information.